Palermo, Sicily, sumptuous Cappella Palatina, built by a Norman King, Roger 11, in 1130-1140
Situated within the Palazzo dei Normanni (Palace of the Normans) the Cappella Palatina (Palatine Chapel) is the finest example of Arab-Norman art in Palermo. Built by the Norman King Roger 11 from 1130-1140. The chapel is decorated with sumptuous Norman-Byzantine mosaics. The chapel is on the second floor of the Palazzo.